Troy Gentry (270) 427-7797
Jeremy Shaw (270) 670-6649
1. One 4-barrel, naturally aspirated carburetor, 850 C.F.M. maximum with factory number on choke housing. Choke housing must remain stock. Only carburetor # allowed are Holley 4781 and 9380. Numbers may not be altered. All air must go thru Ventura. Carburetor “No Go Tool” must not exceed below factory casting ring in non-modified Ventura. Tool must not enter bottom base plate. All other alterations are acceptable.
2. Carburetor can be used with cast iron or aluminum manifolds. No tunnel ram types. Two-inch maximum spacer allowed. No welded-on spacers allowed. Air cleaner may exit hood with adequate clearance. No cutting or stretching intakes and welding back together. No sheet metal intakes. No tunnel ram type intakes. May port and polish and gasket match on intakes.
3. A. Engine must be no more than 485 cubic inches.
B. Any cast iron blocks. Chevrolet must be no more than 4.840 bore spacing, and Ford must be no more than 4.900 bore spacing. DRCE blocks are allowed but must run no more than 4.840 bore spacing and must run Chevy conventional heads only. GM style block with GM style head. Ford style block with Ford style head. Dodge style block with Dodge style head. Any other internal modification may be made. May refer to part number for verification.
C. Aluminum or cast-iron heads. Ford can run up to an “A” head. Dodge may run BI heads. No HEMI heads. No homemade heads. No “C” heads. Ford can run up to an “A” head no lower than 11-degree valve angle. Dodge may run “B1” head no lower than 14-degree valve angle. No Hemi heads. GM heads no 18-degree valve angle or lower heads allowed.GM style heads port must measure 4.100 maximum port width and .415 maximum space between runners. Ford style heads port must measure 6.850 maximum port width and 2.950 maximum space between runners. The entire height of port excluding corners radius measurements are taken at intake manifold flange and can be smaller.
D. 1% tolerance on engine cubic inch measurements.
E. Block and heads must have company logo and part number on them. (Chevy, Ford, GM, Dodge, etc.)
F. May run any make of cams, roller cams, cast iron cams, mushroom cams, billet cams, also roller lifters, roller rockers and any other lifter allowed.
4. Any battery powered ignition may be used.
5. Headers or open exhaust are allowed. Headers may exit through hood with adequate clearance or down and back no turnouts.
6. Bed can be hulled, but not narrowed, must be covered and must have stock appearance. Rear bedside can be cut a maximum of 4” for tire clearance.
7. Factory firewall and floorboard required. Floorboard may be altered to accommodate shift pole. Steering column must be within 3” of stock location.
8. Front inner fender wells not required.
9. 133-inch wheelbase maximum. If bed alterations are made must be from front of bed to front of rear wheel well. (A tow hook will be permitted and will not be considered in any measurement.)
10. Frame must be no less than ½ ton and no more than 1 ton. Frame may be cut to maintain maximum wheelbase. Brake caliper and brackets may be cut off. Rotors may be removed. No springs required. Radiator must be under hood in front of engine. One radiator per truck and must be in working order. Water holding tanks allowed but must be under hood in engine compartment. Straight axles are allowed but must meet 133” wheelbase maximum.
11. If original vehicle has doors and hood, they must remain in place. Tilt front ends allowed. OEM windshield required. Back glass required.
12. Tailgates and rear bumpers may be removed for safety of person hooking sled. Front OEM bumpers are required per year model and body style. Bumpers must be same make as truck.
13. Gas tanks cannot be mounted in front of truck. Vehicle will not have more than one fuel cell, no double tanks. Factory tank must be inside of cab or tank in bed. Battery may be anywhere on truck except inside of cab.
14. A. Street legal tires only. No barred or tractor tires allowed. 12.50 x 16.5 street limit (Must be able to read tire size.) No cut tires. Tire height limit 36 inches. Wheel width limit is 12 inches, tires may be trued. Tractor tires are allowed on front. Bead lock is not considered as part of the measurement.
15. Stall converters allowed.
16. Front weights must not extend beyond forward most part of front bumper, with bumper in stock position, can be under hood in engine compartment. Rear weights cannot extend more than (1) foot past rearmost part of truck bed. Hitch support may be no farther back than hooking point.
17. Forty-two inches minimum from center of rear axle to hitch point. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch minimum 7/8”, maximum 1 ½” with a minimum 3.75”X 3” hole. No diamond shaped hitches are permitted. Hitch must be structured such that a 3” pipe will pass through the opening. Hitch cannot go further forward than back of cab, no part of hitch can exceed 36” to top. Top stops no more than 12” forward from hitching point. No part of hitch, no farther back then hitching point. Top stop bracket and bolt not part of hitch.
18. Cool cans, electric fuel pumps and fans are allowed. If more than one fuel pump they must be feeding the same fuel line.
19. Maximum hitch height is 30” before, during and after pull.
20. Race fuel only. No alcohol, nitro methane, nitrous oxide or nitrous propane. No oxidizers. Only fuels permitted are Renegade, Citgo, VP, Sunoco, and Torco, up to 117 motor octane. No oxygenated fuels are permitted.
21. No auxiliary box or transfer case allowed.
22. Big rear-ends allowed– no planetary axles. Two speed factory stock allowed. No after market allowed.
23. Five speed or smaller transmissions allowed. No aftermarket transmissions or cut gears. Original gears may be replaced. Cut gear in this rule is meant to mean a change in the ratio. Transmission must roll out per factory specifications or can pull cap. May remove any unused gears.
24. No crower glide clutches. Any pedal clutch allowed.
25. Full size OEM truck bodies only. Fiberglass hoods are allowed.
26. All general and safety rules not specified or clarified in class rules will apply. Fire suits required.
27. Steering wheel and driver seat must remain within 3 inches of original position.
28. No individual brakes.
29. First place truck at each event will have carburetor checked with “No Go Tool”.
30. Random fuel checks will be conducted as determined by tech officials. On the night chosen, up to 5 numbers will be drawn to determine which trucks will be checked that night.
31. Rules have been locked in for a period of 3 years, 2019-2021 pulling seasons.