Doug Carnahan (270) 427-0514
Willie Savage (270) 261-2577
1. One 4-barrel, naturally aspirated carburetor, 850 C.F.M. maximum with factory number on choke housing. Choke housing must remain stock. Only carburetor # allowed are Holley 4781 and 9380. Numbers may not be altered. All air must go thru Ventura. Carburetor “No Go Tool” must not exceed below factory casting ring in non-modified Ventura. Tool must not enter bottom base plate. All other alterations are acceptable.
2. Carburetor can be used with cast iron or aluminum manifolds no tunnel ram types. 2-inch maximum spacer allowed. May have hood scoop, but carburetor must remain below the original hood. May run cowl hood fiberglass or metal.
3. A. Engine must be 470 cubic inches or smaller with 1% tolerance. Can run cast aftermarket blocks. Stock cam location only.
B. OEM cast iron heads no raised runners, no titanium valves only modifications to the runners will be port and polish. May run roller rockers and roller cams.
4. Any battery-powered ignition may be used.
5. Headers or open exhaust are allowed; either below or above the hood. No turn outs.
6. Body or bed alternations or customizing to gain class advantage is prohibited. Bed must have floor or be covered by tarp. Inner fender wells may be removed.
7. Front inner fender wells not required: although, if removed, spark plug shields required.
8. Factory firewall and floorboard required. Floorboard may be altered to accommodate shift pole. Steering column must be within 3” of stock location.
9. 133-inch wheelbase maximum. (A tow hook will be permitted and will not be considered in any measurement.)
10. Frame must be no less than ½ ton and no more than 1 ton. Frame may be cut to maintain maximum wheelbase. Frame must be stock width per OEM specifications. Absolutely no narrowing of original frame allowed. No tube frames allowed. Brake caliper and brackets may be cut off. Rotors may be removed. No springs required. Radiator must be under hood in front of engine. One radiator per truck and must be in working order. Water holding tanks allowed but must be under hood in engine compartment. Straight axles are allowed but must meet 133” wheelbase maximum.
11. If original vehicle has doors and hood, they must remain in place. Tilt front-ends are allowed.
12. Tailgates may be removed for safety of person hooking sled. Bumpers are optional. If you have front bumper it must be factory.
13. Gas tanks cannot be mounted in front of truck, or inside of cab. No fuel pump or fuel lines inside of cab. Battery may be anywhere on truck except inside of cab or in front of grill.
14. Street legal tires. No barred or tere tires allowed. No cut tires. Wheel width limit: 12 inches rear, Up to 12.50 x 35 street tire limit, 10- or 12-inch rear wheel only. Bead lock is not considered as part of the measurement.
15. Stall converters allowed.
16. No weights out past front of grill: can be under hood in engine compartment. No weights can be extended more than one-foot past rear most part of factory frame.
17. Hitch may not go any further forward than back of cab. Hitch no less than 42 inches from center of rear axle to hook point. No more than 36 inches from ground at any point. Pressure point no more than 12 inches forward from hooking point. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Top stop not part of hitch. Maximum hitch height (hooking point) is 30” before, during, and after pull.
18. Cool cans and electric fuel pumps and fans allowed.
19. Race fuel only. No alcohol, nitro methane, nitrous oxide or nitrous propane. No oxidizers. Only fuels permitted are Renegade, Citgo, VP, Sunoco, and Torco, up to 116
20. No auxiliary box or transfer cases allowed.
21. No rear suspension or rear springs required. No lateral bars past rear of cab at all. May have boxed frame. No air bags allowed.
22. No rear ends larger than 1 ton 8 lug only. No planetary, no transmission larger than 2-ton, 4 speed or 5 speed. No aftermarket transmissions or cut gears. Transmission must roll out per factory specs or can pull cap.
23. Double disc clutch permitted. No centrifugal clutches allowed.
24. Full size truck bodies only.
25. All general and safety rules apply to this class.
26. Must have blow proof bell housing.
27. Must have neutral light and kill switch that work.
28. Safety loops on drive shaft must cover U-joints. Fire extinguisher required.
29. May run tractor tires on front, not on back.
30. 1st place truck at each event will have carburetor checked with “No Go Tool”.
31. Random fuel checks will be conducted as determined by tech officials. On the night chosen, up to 5 numbers will be drawn to determine which trucks will be checked that night.
32. Rules have been locked in for a period of 5 years, 2020-2024 pulling seasons.