James Sullivan (270) 699-5389
David Dudgeon (270) 465-1179
2.6 max weight of 8000 lbs. 3.0 max weight of 7800 lbs. (weight is with driver)
1. Ballast is permitted. Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward of the center of the front axle. This will be measure from center of front wheels to end of weight assembly. Ballast may be added in the bed of the truck.
2. The body must be the OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain full sheet metal, aftermarket hoods are permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled.
3. Front brakes only are required.
4 The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.
5. An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
6. All trucks must have at least six-inch-wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 1/4-inch steel or 3/8-inch aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the rear shaft. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle.
7. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u- joint and the end of the shaft.
8. The engine is limited to a stock-appearing. 444 Cubic Inch. Engine and transmissions can be interchanged between Dodge, Ford and GM as long as they came in a 1-ton truck or less from the factory. Complete engine must have stock appearance except where otherwise noted in these rules. aftermarket intake manifolds are allowed. NO DECK PLATES of any kind.
9. All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two 3/8-inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other, within 12” of the turbo.
10. A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely mounted. A complete OEM firewall is mandatory.
11. The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory.
12. Hand throttles permitted. The fuel must be #1/#2 diesel, Soy/Biodiesel fuel. No propane or NO2 permitted or any other oxygen enhancers. Racing fuel cells are permitted.
13. Maximum of one P7100 pump limited to one plunger per cylinder. The use of multiple high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps is legal. Power stroke engines with a single factory turbo may utilize a second HPOP.
14. Hook point must be no closer than 44” of centerline of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of a 3.75” X 3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted.
15. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted centerline of rear axle or behind.
16. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25-degree angle from pivot point to hook point.
17. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
18. Safety switch (Raincap or guillotine) must shut-off air to diesel motors. Switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle and have a two-inch diameter ring to attach to the sled.
19. Hydraulic steering permitted.
20. Suspension, Front:
A: The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location.
Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted.
B: Lowering or raising the vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted; must be bolt on only; welds permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. Sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted; Blocked suspension is permitted. No air bags.
21. The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited. 102” Max outside tire to outside tire.
22. Non-OEM transfer cases are prohibited. The transfer case must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.
A. Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of transmission main body the bell housing area is to be completely covered six-inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type
shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8-inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
B. Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles equipped with a manual transmission must have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six-inch overlap where it is fastened.
24. The vehicle is limited to a 2.6 inducer bore single turbocharger. No open driveline/deckplates allowed to run 2.6 charger, must be 3.0 smooth bore. The compressor wheel must protrude into a 2.6” bore for 1/8”. The inlet will be measured using a 2.605 inch plug. The plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove must be inside neck are where intake cover is measured. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than .200”. All provisions allowing air into the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. The vehicle driver will be responsible for making compressor wheel accessible for tech personal to measure bore and be able to inspect compressor wheel.
25. Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.
26. Intercoolers are allowed. Dumping/draining of intercooler within 100 feet of track is prohibited.
27. Maximum of 1-ton truck chassis only allowed. Dual front wheels are prohibited.
1. Ballast is permitted. Front hanging weights are allowed. Front ballast and ballast mounting point must be easily removable, but securely mounted. May not extend more than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle, and be high enough to clear scale and other pit obstacles. If it hits the scale, it must be removed to compete. Ballast may be added to the bed of the truck. If used, it must be securely fastened to the bed. Final decisions rest with the tech official.
2. The batteries must be securely mounted (can be in anywhere) but if in the cab, must be covered completely.
3. The body must be OEM truck body. Metal aftermarket hoods are permitted. Fiberglass hoods and roll pans only are permitted. All fiberglass hoods must be shielded on the underneath side with sheet metal or aluminum skin a minimum of .060 thick. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the truck is hooked to the sled. The complete OEM firewall and floor pan is recommended. Only factory installed pickup beds or commercial style aftermarket bed must be installed. NO FLATBEDS.
4. Front wheel hydraulic functional brakes are mandatory.
5. The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.
6. Non-OEM rear end housings are permitted.
7. An OEM transmission and transfer case are accepted. They may have been an option on a one ton or smaller pickup. Driver restraint system or the OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn. Driveshaft loops: All trucks must have at least six (6) inch-wide u-joint shields around all u-joints on rear drive shaft constructed of at least 1/4 steel or 3/8 aluminum that will safely contain the u-joints and the ends of drives shafts. Any u-joint on the front axle that can be seen from front or side of truck must be shielded the same as all other u-joints. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle.
8. The engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one ton or smaller pickup truck. Cubic Inch limit of 444 CI. Water pumps may be factory or electric powered. Electric cooling fans are permitted.
9. All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. The exhaust must exist rearward of the drivers compartment or through the hood. Stacks exiting through the fender well are prohibited. Two (2) 3/8-inch diameter bolts must be installed through exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one (1) inch of each other and as close to the turbo as possible. This will be teched. Bolt heads welded to the pipe or sheet metal screws to mimic this will be grounds for disqualification.
10. A fire extinguisher system is permitted (must be securely mounted). All vehicles must have at least a 2 ½ lb. extinguisher with working gauge mounted within drivers reach.
11. Diesel fuel only.
12. The fuel injection pump is limited to cylinder number specific (i.e. 6-cylinder pump on a 6-cylinder motor). Dual high-pressure common rail fuel pumps or HPOP’s are permitted. P3000 or P7100 only Ag governors are allowed. No Sigma or 12-cylinder pumps allowed. A 3-way dump valve must be installed close to pump on all manual pumps and operated from the drivers’ compartment. Hand throttles may be used and must be spring loaded to return to idle when released. P3000 and P7100 on P Pump trucks. No 8600 pumps.
13. All engines turning more than 4500 RPM must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or dampener meeting SFI Spec 18.1.
14. The hitch may be a receiver-style hitch or custom drawbar type. Reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the center line of the rear axle and must remain inside the frame rails. The hooking point must be the rear most point of the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be stationary in all directions. Bumper may be notched or removed. The hitches height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. The hooking point must have a minimum of 3 inch by 3 ¾” inside opening for the sled hook. The hooking point must be a minimum of 44” from the center of the rear axle, to the end of the hole where the hook touches metal to be pulled from (this is the hooking point).
15. Factory style or aftermarket intercoolers are allowed. Water to air intercoolers allowed. Ice and water must be weighed at the time of crossing the scales.
16. All trucks are required to have kill switch located on the back of the truck, located near the hooking point. On trucks with an electric injection fuel pump it must have an electric shut off or disconnect for the injection pump on the back of the truck for trucks with manual injection pumps they must have an air guillotine of the spring loaded type, no butterfly type to kill the air intake to the engine. It is recommended to have an air shut off on all trucks. Kill switch failure will result in disqualification. If during competition the kill switch slides looses or falls out, distance will be measured. Securing the kill switch is the drivers’ responsibility.
17. Nitrous oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. All system components must be removed from the truck.
18. Propane is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.
19. The vehicle may retain the original OEM steering gear or use an electric over hydraulic steering. Additional stabilizers are permitted.
20. The factory suspension configuration must be retained. Modifications to the front suspension that would alter the original location (i.e. moving it forward or backward) is not permitted. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Air shocks are prohibited.
21. The tires must be DOT street tires, with a tire limit size of 35 inches. Cut tires are prohibited.
22. Transfer case-aftermarket allowed.
23. Automatic transmissions – Non- OEM transmissions are prohibited. The transmission must have been an option for a one ton or smaller truck. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies, and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor mounted automatic shifter must be equipped with a spring loaded positive reverse lock out device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. Vehicle must not start in gear. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure type hose. All automatic transmissions must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket type shield must be used and appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must be from the rear of the engine block and extend rearward onto the transmission, with a minimum of 6” overlap where it is fastened. All vehicles using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1.
24. Manual Transmission: Aftermarket transmissions are allowed. Must have an SFI clutch and flywheel spec of 1.1 or 2.1. SFI approved blanket of 4.2 or SFI clutch can with a Spec of 6.3.
25. The vehicle is limited to a single 3.0 smooth bore only. No MWE allowed. Must protrude no less than 1/8” into a 3” bore.
26. Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.
27. The vehicle must retain the original factory wheel base and track width. Cab and chassis trucks may not exceed 172” center to center of axles. Front dual wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying positive offset dually style wheels. All vehicles must cross scales and enter the track under their own power. All 3.0 trucks with open drive line, truck wheel base must not exceed 158”.